Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Prop 8


No, Proposition 8 in California does not effect me directly. After all, I live waaayyy over here in O-H-I-O. But indirectly it certainly does. BTW, Prop 8 will take away the right to marry for my gays. Yes, I said my gays because I love them and they are mine! :) I have kept up on Prop 8 and the lies that the opponents of Prop 8 are spreading. It saddens me to see hatred and fear spread in this manner. Its funny, my countryboy-used-to-be-die-hard-conservative-has-read-the-entire-Bible husband feels the same way I do. That's another reason why I love him so much. He has an open heart and realizes that if one is lucky enought to find love, then heck, marry away! What does my personal views have to do with your personal life? And let's just note that straight people have made a mockery out of marriage for a long time. Plus, as Alvin likes to point out, you can't legislate morality. Yeah, he's pretty smart! I hope and pray that Californians do the right thing in November and leave church and state separate. Many of my dear friends and former students are gay and they are some of the best people I know. I can't imagine telling them that they can't share and celebrate their love and committment like me and Alvin can just because we are straight. NO on Prop 8 please! Spread the word and the love!!

No comments: